Welcome

I created this blog to have a place to share some of my crafting creations. It is a work in progress that I will add to as I complete new projects. Comments welcome!

Please check the listing of my favorite blogs at the bottom of the page.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Last ATC for 2+2 Swap

This was completerly different from what I had in mind which was browns and vintage--LOL!! I was browsing through the Splitcoasters website looking at the ideas and techniques when I came across this inking technique for the background. When I looked at the posted projects a card  caught my eye and I shamelessly scraplifted the design for this ATC.  I used shades of purple and blue on light blue paper to make the background by stamping it all over with inked saran wrap that had been crumpled. I made two sheets--one I put through the Cricut and cut the blanks that I stamped the flowers on.  The other I stamped with butterflies using the same purple ink. I cut out the butterflies, mounted them on dark purple and cut around them to have a border. I put two colors of purple stickles on the butterflies and let them dry over night before attaching them to the front.  A purplish jewel in the top left corner was the last item added.

1 comment: